Monday, September 6, 2010

Treat of the Week: Lemon Pudding Cake and Citrus Ribbon Cookies

This week’s treat from my mother’s kitchen is a real gem. A delicate lemon pudding tops a moist cake in this creamy confection. Topped with whipped cream and a halved strawberry, each bite of this cake has a fresh brightness which belies the end of the summer.


A superb accompaniment to the pudding, these Citrus Ribbon cookies are created in layers which are then sliced. Their brilliant colors come from the natural juice and zest of lemons, limes and oranges. The flavors blend into an amazing burst of mildly sweet joy. As you can see, these cookies are as gorgeous as they are delicious. I must confess that the baking process is a bit of a mystery to me. Just how my mother creates the magic that she does is a concept I can’t quite grasp. But, I’m so grateful that she knows her art so well.

2 comments:

Fran said...

To.
Die.
For.

Seriously, I want those cookies.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Again, I wish I could share these with you, Fran! But, right now, all I've got is crumbs! Sorry.