Monday, October 11, 2010

Treat of the Week: Giant Ginger Cookies

I’m a fan of cookies; I won’t kid you.  If I had to pick my favorite cookies, it would be these enormous ginger cookies.  Soft and chewy with a delightful tang of ginger, these cookies sparkle with a dusting of demerara sugar.  I can always tell when Fall is here because my mother will bake a big batch of these cookies.  Because they’re nice and sturdy (not crumbly or crumby like a lot of cookies), they travel well and are perfect to take on road trips.  After one of these, you can easily drive another one hundred miles without a hint of complaint.   Everything about them is baked perfection.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I. Want. Those.

Joseph Crisalli said...

They're. Mine. : )

Unknown said...

What would it take to get your mom to part with some of her recipes? These cookies look like they would be perfect for the holidays.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Oh, I think that could be arranged. Just email me at belleepoque@tx.rr.com, and I'll see about getting the recipe to you.