Monday, January 24, 2011

Treat of the Week: A Blueberry Crumb Cake

This weekend, I happened to catch one of my favorite episodes of The Nanny—the wedding of Fran Fine and Maxwell Sheffield (Episodes 5.22-23). When Max is explaining the many reasons he adores Fran, he says, “I love the way you get excited over a good piece of coffee cake.” Fran’s response: “Or even a bad one.”


This cake certainly falls into the “good” category. Like, the fictional Miss Fine, I find that I get excited over a good piece of coffee cake, too. And, yesterday, I was quite excited.

This beautiful coffee cake is another masterpiece from my mother’s kitchen. A moist, yet fluffy, cake has been infused with fresh blueberries and topped with a very thick crumb topping. I’ve got to say, no one makes a crumb topping like my mother’s. It’s the perfect texture and I’ve never been quite sure how she does it. But, I’m glad she does.

Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, this is a cake over which we can all be excited.


2 comments:

Fran said...

That is a good piece of coffee cake!!!!

Joseph Crisalli said...

Yes, it is, Fran! Thanks for coming by!