Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Object of the Day: Garry Moore’s Autograph

Known for his crew-cut, bow ties and cheery disposition, Garry Moore was one of the most famous faces in early broadcasting. His successful Garry Moore Show introduced the world to many up-and-coming entertainers, most notably Carol Burnett. He was the host of I’ve Got a Secret for many years and has subsequently been named one of the greatest personalities of the era.


I used to enjoy watching the vintage game shows. Seeing the sophistication of people like Kitty Carlisle, Arlene Francis, John Charles Daly and Garry Moore always appealed to me. Mr. Moore photo has a special place in my study, next to a picture of Kitty Carlisle. The two of them look out at me while I work and remind me of an elegance and wit to which we all should aspire.





No comments: