Thursday, September 29, 2011

Gratuitous Bertie Dog Picture: The Westie Formerly Known as Toby

"I'm still waiting for my sausages."
Today’s Gratuitous Bertie Dog Picture comes upon the request of one of our regular readers, “Bertie Fan,” who, upon seeing Landseer’s painting, “Comical Dogs,” wondered what Bertie might look like in a similar fashion. So, instead of placing Bertie in a famous work of art, this week, I’ve styled him as the “Dog Toby” from the Punch & Judy tradition. Of note is the fact that before I adopted Bertie, many years ago, he was called “Toby,” but he and I decided that he needed a new name. My inspiration for the Toby outfit comes from a puppet of the “Dog Toby” made by the talented Chris van der Craats.


Chris van der Craats' Dog Toby

10 comments:

Bertie Fan said...

Oh, thiis is just too cute!! Betie looks just marvelous as the Toby dog. Mr. van der Craats' puppet is adorable too. Thank you for honoring my request.

Joseph Crisalli said...

My pleasure!

Matt said...

Awesome! I want a pointy hat and a ruffle now!

Joseph Crisalli said...

Send me a picture, Matt, and your dream could be realized.

Carolyn said...

Me too! Me too!

Joseph Crisalli said...

Okay, Carolyn. The first five people to send a headshot to BelleEpoque@tx.rr.com will receive their very own personalized digital photo in the style of the Dog Toby. Bertie will oversee all PhotoShopping.

Shawn said...

With the talents of Bertie Dog as Toby, all you need is Judy and the baby and you're ready to put on your own Punch and Judy show. And Bertie is very handsome in his hat and ruff.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Thanks, Shawn! I'll tell him you said so,

Shawn said...

I want my picture, too!

Joseph Crisalli said...

Send me a picture!