Monday, September 12, 2011

Treat of the Week: Brown Sugar Walnut Pound Cake

I’m always amazed when my mother comes up with a new recipe. There seems to be no end to her repertoire. In fact, if you go back and look at all of the “Treat of the Week” posts, you’ll see that there has not been one repeated recipe in over a year.

This week’s treat was, as always, quite lovely. Here we have a beautiful Brown Sugar Walnut Pound Cake. It is exactly what the name implies. However, what is not evident by the name is the rich, mellow taste of this dense, moist cake.

Served with freshly whipped cream, strawberries and raspberries, this is a dessert that looks hopefully to the Autumn by offering us the rich flavors of Fall.






8 comments:

Fran said...

I'd love this with a nice cup of coffee!!! So good! I loved looking back at all the past pictures. All so beautiful, you know!!! My mouth is watering.....

Carolyn said...

I'm in love with Bundt cakes and this one looks wonderful!

Book Gurl said...

ITA with Fran. This would be perfect with a cup of coffee and a good book.

Anonymous said...

I would like to eat that.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Thanks, Fran! It's great to see you. Remember, the offer for coffee and cake is always open to you.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Hi Carolyn! I'm sure bundt cakes are fond of you as well. Thanks for coming by!

Joseph Crisalli said...

Thank you, Book Gurl!

Doni said...

I cannot begin to tell you how delicious this looks. Your mother is an artist with desserts...I only wish she would make 5 of each, so we could subscribe to the *scrumptious dessert exclusive, private, club*. :)