Friday, July 6, 2012

Mr. Punch's Puzzles: The Riddle of the Week













Once, again, Mr. Punch, with my help, is offering up a true Victorian riddle.  The first person to answer correctly--by posting in the comments--will receive public congratulations.  

So, here's this week's riddle.  We ask that you don't Google the answer.  Mr. Punch would not find that sporting at all.  Give it a shot and see what you can come up with.  For Angelo, this one is just one line.  Here we go... No cheating...


How can you ask a Doctor of Divinity, in one phrase, to play the violin?

And, the answer is...


Fiddle-dee-dee.  


Miss O'Hara would be proud.  We had a lot of great responses today!  Many thanks for making this a fun feature.  Come back next Friday for another of Mr. Punch's Puzzles.






Mr. Punch wants you to always know “the way to do it,” so why not check out our “That’s the way to do it!” products which are available only at our online store?

22 comments:

April said...

I'm here! I'm here! Hmmmmmmmm.... I have so many answers for this which just aren't right for your site, you cute, little puppet lover.

I would tell tne doctor of divinity to grab his instrument.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Because that is appropriate. April, have you noticed that everyone waits for you to answer first? You're the Queen of the riddles.

Book Gurl said...

Tell hymn to play. I put this in the wrong place first.

Sam P said...

Pray, play for us.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Also...ha!

Shawn said...

How about..."Father can you fiddle?" Ha!! :)

Marsha said...

Play when the saints come marching in.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Which is always a treat on the violin.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Clever, Shawm! Sorry. I thought I posted yours before Marsha's.

Joseph Crisalli said...

And, I know Shawn is spelled with an "n.". I need new contacts.

Angelo said...

I got no answer, but thanks for the shout-out.

Joseph Crisalli said...

I aim to please.

Carolyn said...

Holy up and play!

Joseph Crisalli said...

Ah! Very good.

Matt said...

Would he play in the key of theolo-G? Oh I crack myself up.

Joseph Crisalli said...

And you do me, too, Matt.

Dashwood said...

Would never ask him. There's too much violins today.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Very true.

Darcy said...

Hey Doc be divine and fiddle me up a tune. Perhaps you can play "Sheep gotta float birds gotta fly"?

Joseph Crisalli said...

Good answer, Darcy! I think we should write new lyrics for that famous song to include sheep floating! By the way, fans of floating sheep should keep their eyes opened. Something is coming soon... We should just be happy that sheep don't fly. They'd ruin our cars.

Gene said...

Funny, Darcy. I think the answer is a bow to God. Bow like what you use on a violin and bow like to show respect.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Good job, Gene!