Friday, December 7, 2012

Mr. Punch's Puzzles: The Riddle of the Week








Once, again, Mr. Punch, with my help, is offering up a true Victorian riddle.  The first person to answer correctly--by posting in the comments--will receive public congratulations.  

So, here's this week's riddle.  We ask that you don't Google the answer.  Mr. Punch would not find that sporting at all.  Give it a shot and see what you can come up with.  Here we go... No cheating...

 I've seen you where you never was, And where you ne'er will be; And yet you in that very same place May still be seen by me.


And, the answer is...

A MIRROR

Well, we had some very interesting, if not, somber responses today.  And, one mysterious statement of affirmation from Carolyn which I can't quite pin to any one answer.  Um...Carolyn?  Care to elaborate?  But, we can always count on Darcy, Dashwood and Shawn from some fun!  Furthermore, for the love of Pete, Angelo, go get a dog!  And, thus ends another of Mr. Punch's Puzzles.  Come back next week for another bit of Friday fun.




Mr. Punch wants you to always know “the way to do it,” so why not check out our “That’s the way to do it!” products which are available only at our online store.  


23 comments:

April said...

My retirement.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Oh...well done.

Matt said...

A particular award.

Joseph Crisalli said...

You'll get it.

Sam P said...

Love.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Aw.

Darcy said...

Oz, the great and powerful. Or maybe Joan Crawford .

Joseph Crisalli said...

They are equal!

Carolyn said...

I think it's Joan Crawford!

Carolyn said...

I do too.

Gene said...

Kindness.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Such serious answers.

Barb said...

The fiscal cliff.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Timely.

Shawn said...

Ooo! I know, I know!! It has to be Santa Claus!!

Joseph Crisalli said...

Oh! Good answer!

Angelo said...

The dog I want to get when I haver a bigger place.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Angelo, I know that there's a sweet dog just waiting for you to come and adopt him.

Kathy said...

Fame and fortune.

Dashwood said...

A delusional voyeur.

Joseph Crisalli said...

That could well be, but, it's doubtful.

Carolyn said...

I entered the security code the first time but it didn't seem to work for clumsy fingers me so I tried again just to see if it worked. I was agreeing with Darcy which I usually do. Day drinking didn't help but a girl enjoys a mimosa with her brunch.

Joseph Crisalli said...

Mystery solved. Now it's evening, so, have another drink.