Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Treat of the week: Pear and Cherry Strudel




A wonderful dinner of my mother’s homemade red sauce and meatballs takes center stage as this week's "Treat of the Week."  Accompanying the dinner was a luscious, cool  salad of greens, pineapple, nuts, strawberries and imported Italian truffle cheese with a fresh vinaigrette dressing and a crusty ciabatta loaf along with an assortment of imported cheeses.









Following this was a glorious new treat, a lovely homemade strudel baked in a delicate, tender hand-rolled crust washed in an egg glaze and dusted with turbinado sugar.  Inside, the pastry was bursting with the flavors of fresh cherries and pears.  Served up with a side of beautifully whipped cream, this new dessert made for a perfect Sunday afternoon.







10 comments:

Angelo said...

Looks soooooooooo goooooooooooood.

Sam P said...

That strudel would have gone well with my coffee this morning.

Beth Ann said...

Pasta tonight! Maybe I'll try a strudel. Mine won't be as pretty.

Matt said...

I want all of that so bad.

Barb said...

Loving the salad! Strudel is gorge!

Gene said...

I enjoy a good strudel and that looks like a very good one.

Renee said...

This looks like a classic strudel. I love it!

Book Gurl said...

This is such a beautiful presentation. Always so pretty.

Gregg said...

Just what I'd love to have right now.

April said...

I will draw the strudle casually. A strudel doodle. Looks real good. I want some.